Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Old Friends and Sharp Cheddar

I tracked down my old friend J.C. last night, and I don't mean the Lord. We spent a delightful evening at his friend's restaurant -- Sonoma, in Southeast (barely) -- where they serve you a wide array of lovingly hand-crafted cheeses as an appetizer, provided you order and pay for them. We also had a bottle of wine and both had to send back the gnocchi, which they didn't tell us was made in fish broth with roe. It tasted like scales. Sad.

As a side note, I should remind everyone to be careful what you wish for. Everyone where I come from wistfully chuckles about seeing "real seasons," but in my case "real seasons" turned into four inches of snow last night. So J.C. gets the last laugh.

1 Comments:

Blogger charvakan said...

"Real seasons" are overrated. I could happily skip winter. That said, there is something about walking at night in the snow that is a little magical. Three times a year of that is fine. Shoveling the crap the next day I can do without.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home