Wednesday, November 30, 2005

LiveBlogging From D.C.

I need to get off here soon, but I'm at a SERDP conference at the Marriott Wardman Park in D.C. Northwest. You'll find it if you look. So far my big story lead is a bunch of new technologies used to find unexploded ordinance (UXO) laying around old military bombing ranges from Dubya Dubya Two. This is a big deal because cities are developing right up to the boundaries of these old sites, which have lots of bombs that didn't go off (yet) and chemicals left over and bla bla bla. So if we can find these things, we can get rid of them. I'll tell you what LiDAR stands for later, if I get a chance. It's really interesting. Not.

1 Comments:

Blogger nolo said...

ORDNANCE. Not "ordinance."

I used to live on a site where old unexploded WWII bombs would turn up every once in a while.

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home