Monday, November 28, 2005

Small Muffins

I've finally settled in enough to get back to posting, which I announced would be fast and furious just before I went on a long break. My home internet connection has been problematic -- I bought a wireless card and haven't made it work yet. I don't have a phone. I need to get to a mall. I am cold.

My roommate works at Kramerbooks and Afterwords cafe near Dupont Circle, where I ate out on my first morning as a Washingtonian. I sat and stared out the window, wondering how I got here, enjoying the complimentary free mini-muffins they provide, drinking my free tiny orange juice. Across the street hung an Irish flag and I thought I was near the embassy. I was not. It was just a hotel full of liars.

My other roommate is still in India. Xavier is his name and no one seems to know what he does for a living.

In neighborhood news, there's a delightful place called the "Wafle Spot" down the street from my townhouse, and the local wags have a lot of fun with that. It's pronounced "WAY-full," if you ever come to visit. Everyone will know what you're talking about.

I'm hard at work editing a story about perchlorate levels. More as it develops.

By the way, anyone who wants to post here should feel free. This is a community site, and I hate looking at week-old posts.

2 Comments:

Blogger nolo said...

Now you're making me feel bad.

1:33 PM  
Blogger Lapp said...

I'm not clear on whether it's my dark rambling or Stephanie's poor grammar that's making you feel bad. Probably some of both. We seem to have that effect on lawyers.

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home