Sunday, November 20, 2005

Housekeeping

I've been on retreat in the mountains these last four days, preparing for Big Things ahead, and I see someone's been a busy bee while I've been away. I'm glad I know people who take the initiative and fill a void when they see one -- I was afraid I'd come back to the old posts, rotting up the place like last week's trash. So a round of applause to the queen of Cleveland's courtrooms.

One piece of information worth nothing is my phenomenal physical stamina, which I verified to myself while up in that ol' log cabin in the spruce. The exercise bug struck me in the dead of night, so I headed outdoors and proceeded to do the following (note all the numbers, as they tell the story here):

60 pushups
200 crunches
10 minutes running in place

all while the thermometer read a balmy 20 degrees Fahrenheit. Think about that before you accuse me of anything in the future. Because it proves I am above suspicion.

On another note, I have enjoyed being away from the news and am now resigned to wading through the back issues, finding out what went wrong while I was away. Or I might just start from scratch. I hope everyone's been using this opportunity to go back and read The Best of Lapplander while I was on holiday. You'll find the action fast and furious in the next few weeks, so get in the classics while you can.

1 Comments:

Blogger nolo said...

with respect to your reports of youthful stamina, Lapp, this old geezer can only say, f**k you. And have some artery-clogging stew while you're at it. Other than that, welcome back. Sounds like a great trip.

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home