Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Trials of Arrested Development -- It's Just Not Fair

I've been a big fan of Arrested Development since a friend got me hooked in season one. It's won Emmys each of its first two years. And now it looks like Fox, in its infinite wisdom, is trying to pull the plug without much subtlety. Like creator Mitchell Hurwitz said accepting one of his many awards, they'd really appreciate it if you watched. You can get back to CBS in time to see Two and a Half Men, starring the incomparable Charlie Sheen. (AD is on Fox, Monday, 8:00. Be there.)

David Cross, whose personal comedy is a gold mine, is one of the actors on the show, in case you didn't know already. And he has an idea for how to revive it. (Warning: I try to keep the tone bemused and professional here, but he really lets the f-bombs fly and I'm going to let him).
"I've got an idea for what you can do, why don't you fucking fire your complete marketing team and get a new one there that knows how to market a show that won five motherfucking emmys, golden globes, SAG awards, WGA awards, DVA awards, Producers Guild Awards, critic's top 10 list; you know, if you can't fucking market that kind of show and get better ratings then maybe the problem doesn't lie here, maybe it lies with marketing."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobias: Yes, but I'm afraid I prematurely shot my wad on what was supposed to be a dry run, and now I think I have something of a mess on my hands.

Michael Bluth: Wow, there's just so many poorly chosen words in that sentence.

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home