Wednesday, February 22, 2006

He Was in Serbia The Whole Time, Apparently

Fans of this blog are familiar with my hobbyhorse interest in the Balkans and the fate of those scoundrels who have so far eluded justice. (See my contretemps with an innocent bystander over the standing of Croatian Gen. Ante Gotovina if you don't know what I'm talking about.) Well, the news wires have been hopping all day with conflicting reports that Serbian Gen. Ratko Mladic, the military leader of the Bosnian Serbs during the bad old days, has been either arrested, "cornered" or is still out there somewhere. Something is definitely happening, and I'm sorry I don't know what. More as it develops.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I heard, the General was located in Serbia and is being monitored. Does it make any sense that these facts were publicized and not news of his capture?

3:31 PM  
Blogger Lapp said...

Nothing makes sense with this whole crazy hill of Balkan beans. I've been watching the story for two days now, and nobody can make heads or tails of what's happening. Claims of arrest and extradition are a little premature, but other than that it's anyone's guess what the hell is going on.

11:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home