Monday, February 13, 2006

They Know Who They Sound Like, Don't They?

You know, I never lived through communism, but one think you could say is that the reds had artistic propaganda posters in the first half of the last century. Well, these guys are giving them a run for their money. Take care to sniff out the weird triple-salchow, what's-your-real-point twists of meaning and logic with stuff like the Che Guevara shirt that says "Brought to you by capitalism." Also the Reagan hero worship iconography, sorta like the Che Guevara shirt they're ostensibly mocking except without any apparent irony. And the downright creepy Iron Man logo.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was trying to decide how much worse those t-shirts are than our t-shirts: http://www.bant-shirts.com/.

But I ran out of brain power.

1:11 AM  
Blogger nolo said...

I'm all for a T-shirt full of birdshot holes that says "I Went Hunting With The Vice President, And All I Got Was A Lousy T-Shirt"

12:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like that the "freedom world tour" shirt skips from 1945 to 1991 in showing the US military's "freedom wars." This history major calls incomplete data on them.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home