Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What To Do In Iraq

I've been meaning to get around to this for some time now. On a recent work-related trip to Denver (for a great big military conference that mostly isn't worth recounting, with the exception of an anecdote I'll share later), I picked up the March and April issues of the Atlantic Monthly at the airport along with some dark socks to look professional. The March issue has a piece you really should try to get your hands on -- not available online except the first paragraph, alas -- but which I will soon make bold to excerpt from so you get the idea. It's based on the results of a long-term study of Iraq, especially as it compares to history's insurgencies, by military experts with no stake in making Bush look good. Their answers to the question "What do we do?" make for some very compelling reading, especially for people like me who have basically tuned out of the whole Iraq thing because we feel helpless and turned off. I'd include some nuggets here but temporarily can't find my copy, so, you know, bear with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home